Samburu Intrepids is a lush oasis on the banks of the great Uaso Nyiro River in Samburu Game Reserve. The tented luxury camp is a delight to be in – deliciously cooled by the river breeze and the forest. The camp sits on raised decks overlooking the brown river where the elephants sometimes make an appearance or the crocodiles come out to lounge by the river's banks. Watch the Samburu Intrepids video here (9 mins)
Dry, rugged and stunning, Samburu’s landscape is at once stark and sensual, with its iconic loaf shaped Ololokwe Mountain and hills spreading in every horizon. Its life lung is the Uaso Nyiro River coursing through its craggy terrain full of stone, thorn bush and the forked doum palms. In this arid zone where water is scarce and the land baked by the eternal sun, herds of elephants and the big cats roam the plains with the Samburu special - the Reticulated giraffe, Grevy’s zebra, Beisa oryx, Somali ostrich and the long necked antelope, the gerenuk easily seen despite its harsh climes.
Why Samburu Intrepids?
- Newly renovated tents, with four-poster king size beds
- Choice of game viewing in Samburu or Buffalo Springs Reserves
- Cultural immersions in pristine ways of neighbouring Samburu tribesmen
- Clear Equatorial night skies for astronomy
- Open sided safari jeeps for best game viewing
- Picturesque mountainous landscape
- Knowledgeable and highly-certified guides
- The best kids clubs in the region for cultural and wildlife edutainment
To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travelers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months.
Facilities at the Camp