- Fact Sheet
- Virtual Tour
- Newly renovated tents, with four-poster king size beds
- Located in the middle of the four game viewing areas of the Masai Mara Reserve
- Good game viewing and birding all year through
- Own airstrip just a quick 3-minute drive from the camp and 45 minutes flight from Nairobi
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Open sided safari jeeps for best game viewing
- 3 drives in the game reserve daily
- Knowledgeable and gold-certified guides
- The best kids clubs in the region for cultural and wildlife edutainment
Overlooking the Talek River, at the very confluence of the Mara’s four game-viewing areas, Mara Intrepids Camp enjoys one of the most spectacular locations in the world’s best-known wilderness. Watch The Mara Intrepids video here (7 mins)
Mara Intrepids is a short drive from the Mara River, where more than a million wildebeest and zebra make their perilous migration crossing every July and August. For the remainder of the year, the camp offers some of the world’s finest game viewing, with large local populations of plains game, elephants, rhinos, buffalos, and all the Big Cats. In 2004, some 75% of the footage for the BBC’s famous Big Cat Diary was shot in the vicinity of the camp.
Mara Intrepids is 298 kilometres and a six-hour drive from Nairobi, while our all-weather airstrip enables guests to be at the camp within 45 minutes of leaving the capital.
Abundant wildlife very close to the camp, all year through
Why Mara Intrepids?
To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travelers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months.