From its panoramic perch above Lake Naivasha, the Great Rift Valley Lodge enjoys one of humankind’s oldest views – over the sweeping floor of the world’s largest valley.
An hour and a half’s drive or a 30-minute flight from Nairobi (24 kilometres from Naivasha town and 12 off the Nairobi-Nakuru highway), the Lodge is built on the Eburru, a mountain that the Maasai call Ol Donyo Opurru, meaning mountain of smoke.
The lodge sits at about 7,000 feet, from which elevation it enjoys magnificent views to the west and east. The vistas stretch from the sparkling waters of Lake Naivasha to the jagged volcanic crater of Mount Longonot and, beyond, the sloping shoulders of the Aberdare Mountains – Kenya’s most important watershed.
The resort has once again been voted as Kenya's Best Golf Hotel in 2016, as well as Africa's Best Golf Hotel, 2016 in the 3rd World Golf Awards at the Conrad Algarve in Portugal. This was the 3rd annual World Golf Awards, which is part of World Travel Awards, currently celebrating its 23rd anniversary. Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort has previously received Kenya's Best Golf Hotel 2015, as well as the 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012 World Tourism Awards as Kenya’s Best Golf Resort.
Why Great Rift Valley Lodge?
- Short distance from Nairobi with easy connections to many parks and places of attraction
- Own airstrip allowing for connection with either Samburu, Masai Mara or Nairobi
- Free Wi-Fi in all the all accommodation
- All rooms en suite
- Abundant bird life for birders
- 18-hole championship golf course
- Choice of accommodation facilities
- Many activities for different age groups
- The best kids clubs in the region for cultural and wildlife edutainment
To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travellers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months.
Facilities at the Lodge