With our luxurious palm-thatched bandas perched between a mangrove-lined channel and the edge of a 12-kilometre white sandy beach, Kipungani Lamu enjoys one of the most romantic locations on the entire east African coast. Our exquisite seafood, traditional Arabian dhows, kayaking safaris, and diving and fishing adventures offer the perfect recipe for those seeking a true desert-island holiday.
Perched on the southwestern tip of Lamu Island, where the protected mangroves of Kipungani Creek meet the end of a secluded sandy beach, Kipungani is a dream destination for those seeking a true away-from-it-all island holiday.
Why Kipungani Explorer?
- Pristine eco-lodge with close ties with local Swahili custom
- A Robinson Crusoe getaway to get away from it all
- Breath taking location with miles of deserted beach front
- Variety of water sports like knee boarding, kayaking and wind surfing
- Romantic pursuits like sunset cruise on the dhow, beach dining
- Sea food dining
- Pleasant weather most of the year
- Beach weddings
- Visits to historic sites in Lamu and Manda Islands
- Snorkeling with dolphins at Kinyika reef